This fall, I've dubbed our Fridays "Fun Fridays" because it's the only day of the week that we are completed unscheduled and unstructured. I like to take the boys somewhere fun so that it's a day that Landry looks forward to each week. Today, we started off our morning with the not-so-fun outing of getting our flu shots at the pediatrician's office. Then, we visited Oil Ranch. I knew nothing about it before we went. Come to find out, it is THE PLACE TO BE for school field trips on a fall Friday (translation: It was crowded and had long lines for everything.) I was tempted to ask for a refund and come back on a different day, but I pictured the drive home with Landry if he had to leave without doing any of the activities and thought better of it. It turns out that this was an ok decision because the school groups packed up right after lunch, leaving us with the run of the place for about an hour.
We rode the train twice:
Landry pretended to drive the old-timey tractor. He asked me whether I wanted him to drive us to BSF Bible Study or the Children's Museum. I suggested that he take a long drive to both places - an answer he seemed to like!
We took pumpkin patch pictures:
This is the best duo-shot. I posted it on Facebook, and most people seemed to think Shannon was crying. I can totally see that now, but in reality, this is Shannon's face right before he starts to smile!
Landry wanted his picture taken in the cheesy wooden cut-out. Except he wasn't quite tall enough.
Towards the end, Landry started loading the pumpkins back on the trailer. I think he would have picked up the entire patch if I had let him! Such a hard worker, like his Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment