Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Summary

I have no idea how the month of September flew by so quickly, but alas, it's come and gone! Here's our month in a nutshell:

 Landry started back to preschool, with a little bit of hesitation at first.  He wanted no part of Meet the Teacher night, but he seemed a little bit more eager on the first day.  Then, when he saw that he would get to do playdough, he was sold.  "Mommy, I didn't know I'd get to do playdough in my new class."  The other memorable quote out of him took place when his teacher asked him if he could find his name on the table.  He looked really sad and sad that he didn't know how to spell his name but that he knew it started with a "big L" followed by a "little a that looks like a circle with a stick on the right side."  Chalk that up to the category of things that I have no idea how he picked up along the way!  Now, a month into school, we're having great fun with his letter bags each week. We find out the letter of the week every Wednesday, and he has show and tell every Friday to show his class 3-4 pictures that start with the letter.

Here are some pictures from the first day.







Here's little brother who loves, loves, loves to pick up Landry from school.  As I drive past the school to turn in, Shannon usually points at the school and says "please." As soon as I get him out of the car, he runs as fast as he can to the entrance.  In this picture, he's eating Harry & David chocolate covered gummy bears that my parents me sent in the mail from Michigan (because there are no more Texas stores)!

And here he is demonstrating that he's still in the running for the world's record of longest transition to one nap ever!  We're at six months and counting, and he still can't make it all the way to the afternoon.  This day in particular, he fell asleep on the cold, hard tile floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment