Clorox Bleach Pen Such a little pen; such a powerful tool for keeping Landry's onesies white.
Harry and David Chocolate Covered Gummi Bears
It sounds like a weird combination of flavors, but it works I'm embarassed at how little self-control I have when it comes to these little things!
Kohls Cash
A couple of Wednesdays ago, I re-discoverd Kohls. I hadn't bought clothes for myself in a while, and I had an hour to kill before my class. I noticed their Apt. 9 brand of clothing for the first time, and I found that almost everything in that brand was something that seemed to fit my exact taste. I bought a few things that I've collectively dubbed my "spring spruce-up" with my oh-so-very-small teaching paycheck. To get rewarded for my purchase with a $10 gift certificate was a nice surprise!
Children's Museum Tot Spot
Now that Landry can crawl, this is the perfect place to take him on a rainy day...except all of Houston is also taking their little ones at the same time. It seems much less crowded in the afternoons - when all of the responsible parents have taken their babies home for naptime. The last time we went, Landry practically had the place to himself.
Isaiah: God Saves Sinners Commentary
Admittedly, this doesn't fit with my other selections, but I love this commentary. I'm using it alongside the BSF study of Isaiah, and it reads like a devotional with a lot of applications for daily living.
Kindle
While we are on the topic of literary masterpieces, I feel the need to officially state just how much I love my Kindle. It rests perfectly on top of Landry's strollers for walks, and I can read in bed at night without disturbing Brian by turning the pages of a book. I recently finished The Huger Games and Girl with a Dragon Tattoo trilogies. Now, I'm trying to decide whether to tackle Anna Karenina or re-read A Thousand Splendid Suns in the Kindle version, which I already own the hardback.
And, you've reached the end of my far-from-exhaustive list. In fact, I thought that I'd post more "favorites," but the last post made me want to get in bed and read for a while instead of blogging!






No comments:
Post a Comment