This week, our biggest accomplishment was getting the tree up and decorated. The decorating took place over the course of several days during nap times and after Landry's 8pm bedtime. We stuck with our usual silver/white look, but we have switched completely over to shatterproof ornaments (thank you Target!!) so that we don't have to worry about any of them breaking into little pieces. So far, Landry seems completely uninterested in the tree, but I did hold him up close once to let him touch the branches and ornaments.
We also drafted our family's Christmas letter. This took far longer than the single page of text would lead you to believe. It was difficult to find the balance between talking too much about Landry and not talking enough about Landry, fully recognizing that he is not as interesting of a subject to everyone else as he is to us! (The final product probably talks too much about Landry anyhow, though!!)
We also have been working on Landry's sleeping habits (or lack thereof) this week. His pediatrician recommended that we ditch the pacifier at bedtime and naptime. This made a lot of sense because it seems like 75% of his waking in the middle of the night was attributable to a missing paciifer. I thought that it would temporarily make things worse, but the opposite has been true. It's almost as if, because he didn't fall asleep with it, he doesn't sense that it's missing when he wakes up in the night. So, instead of crying out for it, he rolls over and goes back to sleep again. It probably also helps that the pediatrician saw Bear and said that it looked safe to leave in his crib. Up until this point, we had been taking Bear from him after he fell asleep, sometimes even prying him out of his hands.
In my spare time, I have been sneaking in some reading time on my new Kindle. Brian's parents gave it to me for my birthday, and I love it! I can take it to the gym and not have to hold back pages. I also have found that I can put it on the top of Landry's stroller and read on walks.
One thing I haven't done this week is fold laundry....As you can see, it's calling my name this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!





No comments:
Post a Comment